Transfer students

Incoming transfer students who are eligible in at least 12 credits to Wayne State with a minimum 3.3 grade point average are invited to join the Honors College and pursue University Honors or Departmental Honors in their major.

If interested in pursuing University Honors, please schedule a meeting with an Honors advisor by emailing

In order to graduate with Departmental Honors, students must complete at least 12 hours of Honors coursework among the 120 required for graduation, including an HON 42xx level honors seminar and a thesis course. In addition, they must maintain a 3.3 cumulative GPA (unless noted otherwise by the department). Students interested in professional programs such as pharmacy or nursing should meet with an Honors College advisor for special instructions before pursuing Departmental Honors.

Some departments may require an additional application to pursue Honors in their major. 

Download the Honors College Transfer and Earn-In Student Guide here

Community College Transfer Scholarships

Visit the Community College Transfer Scholarships page for more information.

If you have any questions, feel free to call the Honors College at 313-577-3030 or email