Wayne State University is pleased to announce the implementation of a new interactive scholarship application, AcademicWorks.

WSU AcademicWorks - Private Scholarship Application 

The 2019-20 Private Scholarship Application will be open until March 1, 2019.

Students interested in applying for WSU's private scholarships via AcademicWorks, please visit and log in using your AccessID and password. When an application is submitted, students will receive an email confirmation. With hundreds of scholarships available, WSU encourages students to apply before the March 1, 2019 deadline.

The application process

Any required supplemental material(s) must be submitted by March 1, 2019 for private award consideration.

When determining award recipients, students who complete a scholarship profile will be reviewed first.

The number of qualified applicants for scholarships is far greater than the available funding. Not all qualified applicants will receive scholarships. The decisions of the scholarship committee are final.

Complete the FAFSA

Some of the awards are need-based, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Your FAFSA must be successfully on file by March 1, 2019 with the WSU school code 002329 to be considered for those awards. The 2019-20 FAFSA is available now.

Other aid

Need-based financial aid may be adjusted if you subsequently receive additional aid (scholarships, grants or loans). Private scholarship awards may reduce other WSU scholarships, grants, loan eligibility or other aid.

Wayne State offers a number of scholarships to meritorious students. If students are offered more than one of these scholarships, they will have to choose the one that fits them best, as they can only receive funding from one of these awards.

To receive need-based financial aid, including grants through the Office of Student Financial Aid, you must be a citizen of the United States or have permanent resident status. The standard documentation for a permanent resident of the United States is the Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551, since 1997) or Resident Alien Card (Form I-551, before 1997).