16 Honors students awarded DII Academic Achievement Awards
16 Honors students were among the 65 Wayne State University student-athletes who were recognized with 2015-16 Academic Achievement Awards.
The awards were presented by the Division II Athletic Directors Association, which honors the academic accomplishments of student-athletes at the Division II level.
The awardees included:
- Sara Ruhstorfer (Women’s Basketball)
- Tim Szymanski (Men’s Cross Country)
- Drew Dowding (Football)
- Blake Mazur (Football)
- Brenton Villeneuve (Men’s Fencing)
- Dexter Wilson (Men’s Golf)
- Amanda Noakes (Women’s Golf)
- Kylee Barrett (Softball)
- Mackenzie Boehler (Softball)
- Kris Hector (Men’s Swimming/Diving)
- Rachael Charlow (Women’s Swimming/Diving)
- Kaylee Dolinski (Women’s Swimming/Diving)
- Meghan Lamb (Women’s Swimming/Diving)
- Hannah Loesch (Women’s Swimming/Diving)
- Andreea Mitrache (Women’s Tennis)
- Karrington Seals (Women’s Track and Field)
In order to qualify for an Academic Achievement Award, a student-athlete must have a cumulative grade-point average of 3.5 or higher, have attended a minimum of two years (four semesters) of college level work, and have been an active member of an intercollegiate team during his/her last year.