The Honors Student Association (HSA) provides members with opportunities to participate in social, academic and community service events. HSA is a fun way to network with like-minded students who want to get involved on campus.
The HSA engages students in activities that build upon the four pillars of the Honors College:
HSA members learn about WSU and the surrounding community by:
- Exploring nightlife in Greektown
- Attending performances at the Hilberry Theatre
- Ice skating at Campus Martius
- Taking in a film at the Michigan Science Center's IMAX dome theatre
HSA members assist both the university and area social service agencies through various activities, including:
- Volunteering as student hosts during Scholars Day
- Building homes with Habitat for Humanity
- Helping the WSU Press with a book launch or fundraiser
- Raising money for The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) to help households struggling to pay their winter heat and electric bills
Meeting fellow students through HSA is a smart and easy way to form study groups that help members prepare for the academic rigor of an urban research university.
With all the opportunities HSA provides, participants are well prepared for success. Members sharpen their leadership skills by planning activities and strengthen their organizational abilities by helping with special events while engaging with Honors faculty and staff. These skills are tremendous assets to take into the job market and include in your resume.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also may visit this external page for more information.