Applebaum Emerging Leaders Program
Enhance your entrepreneurial, leadership and networking skills with The Applebaum Emerging Leaders Program, an intensive program that offers personal, professional and leadership development experiences to select Irvin D. Reid Honors College students in an engaging, interactive cohort. Program runs from late June to mid August for 8 weeks. Students will commit an estimated 25 hours per week to the program, including:
- educational sessions
- take-home assignments
- networking events
- site visits
- group project work
Upon completion, students will become part of the Applebaum Fellows Program, with additional unique networking opportunities and connection with the Applebaum Fellows alumni.
The Applebaum Emerging Leaders Program is lead and taught by award-winning marketing and sales executive Nicole M. Lewis with support and mentoring from Wayne State University faculty and administrators, community leaders, and business professionals.
Each student will be provided with a $4000 stipend to allow them to focus fully on the program during the eight weeks. This stipend will be paid in three installments, requiring successful completion of each stage of the program.
The Applebaum Emerging Leaders Program is open to students in the Irvin D. Reid Honors College (all majors), with at least 60 but no more than 100 credits toward their degree at time of application. 10 students will be selected for the initial cohort. View the current curriculum of the Applebaum Emerging Leaders Program.
At the end of the program, students will have:
- completed a group project that solves a problem for a Detroit based small business
- created a personal career plan
- developed accountability to themselves and their program colleagues
- built a broader support network
Meetings take place at Wayne State University Irvin D. Reid Honors College Mondays and Wednesdays 10:30 am to 1:30 pm, plus up to 4 offsite sessions to be scheduled.
When: June 22-August 14, 2020
Here is what you can expect as an Applebaum Emerging Leader:
• Hands-on, mandatory educational sessions, activities and assignments to help each student develop skills for success
• Coaching from community, corporate and professional leaders in the metro Detroit area
• Social events with program cohort and participation in group activities
• Meaningful networking opportunities
• Special opportunity to meet the program funder and learn about their philanthropy in the Detroit community
Above all, students will develop tools, skills, and confidence to become leaders, following the example of entrepreneur and philanthropist—and Wayne State alumnus—Eugene Applebaum. To learn more about the Applebaum Legacy visit: http://applebaumlegacy.org/
How to apply
Applebaum Emerging Leaders Program is available through the below application form.
For help using the form or if you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com.
Applicants notified of decisions by email: