Please continue to watch this webpage for updates about the HealthPro Start program and application availability.
HealthPro Start is a unique program leading to a professional degree in one of nine areas:
- Anatomic Pathologists' Assistant
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Mortuary Science
- Occupational Therapy
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Physical Therapy
- Radiation Therapy Technology
- Radiologic Technology
Incoming freshmen accepted to HealthPro Start are guaranteed admission to their program of choice in the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences as long as the continuation criteria are met.
HealthPro Start trains innovators and critical thinkers, nurturing future leaders by treating students as part of the pharmacy and health science communities. The program emphasizes mentoring and research opportunities for each student and provides immediate and ongoing contact with program faculty and students. HealthPro Start undergraduates are also Honors students.
- Good standing and active membership in the Honors College
- Completion of HON 1000, Honors section of P S 1010, HON 3000 Service-Learning, and an HON 42XX Seminar
- Demonstration of continuing volunteer work related to pharmacy or health science
- Maintenance of a 3.30 or higher grade-point average for the first year and a 3.50 or higher thereafter
- Maintenance of a 3.0 or higher grade-point average in biology, chemistry, math and physics courses
- Completion of the prerequisite coursework for the desired program
- Participation in HealthPro Start seminars
- Submission of a monthly journal of HealthPro Start experiences
For more details about HealthPro Start, visit honors.wayne.edu or call Honors at (313) 577-3030.