Applications to the HealthPro Start program will be accepted in Fall 2015 for the early assurance Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) program. Students interested in the HealthPro Start early assurance Pharm. D. program will need to be admitted to Wayne State University and invited to join the Honors College.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.75 high school grade point average (GPA); GPAs used for admission will not be weighted
- Applicants must have an ACT score of 27 or higher
- Your application materials for HealthPro Start-Pharmacy should be submitted online at apply.wayne.edu by March 1, 2015. All applicants must be admitted into and enroll in the Honors College at Wayne State University. See the admissions website for information about the application process. Students must also attend a scheduled Scholars Day event hosted by the Honors College.
How to apply:
- Complete the online undergraduate application to Wayne State University at http://wayne.edu/admissions/
The HealthPro Start application must include:
- A high school transcript reflecting a GPA of 3.75 or higher
- Official ACT test scores reflecting a minimum score of 27 or higher
- A CV or Resume with the following (a standard resume format is acceptable):
- Health care experience (work, volunteer experience, and shadowing)
- Community service experience
- Team activities (athletics, debate, etc.)
- Leadership opportunities
- Employment experience
- Summer activities
- High school extracurricular activities
- Details of honors received in high school
- A two page essay describing why you should be selected for HealthPro Start—Pharmacy and what unique qualities you would bring to the program
- Two letters of recommendation
- One from a high school teacher
- One from a community member who is not from your high school describing your suitability for work in the health care field
HealthPro Start - Pharmacy Continuation Criteria for Fall 2015:
- Maintain a GPA at or above 3.3 during the first year in college.
- Maintain an overall 3.5 GPA after the first year in college.
- Maintain an overall 3.0 grade-point average in biology, chemistry, physics, and math prerequisite courses..
- Complete all academic and nonacademic entrance requirements for the Doctor of Pharmacy program.
- Participate in the HealthPro Start-- Pharmacy Seminar.
- Demonstrate continuing activity in related volunteer work.
- Take the PCAT (http://www.pcatweb.info/) by the posted deadline and meet all minimum score requirements.
- Successfully interview for admission to the PharmD program with representatives from the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at Wayne State University during the admissions cycle.
- Complete the application for admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy program at www.pharmcas.org.